Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Reasons to Invest in BPMS

BPM is it a purely a management discipline ?!!!

Well , this is what you will find in most of the sites when you google about BPM . Apart from acting as a bridge for business IT alignment , efficiency and compliance ; its all about Rapid development and we know the world is all about changes . This BPM is all about handling changes quicker , faster and better . In simple terms its how a business analyst can design a workflow for a project and set up his notion with the help of a designer tools and BPM engine .

BPMS is more then just Orchestration , lets say its a bundle of Human task management , Business rule management and Integration middle ware .

Have a look at the Eclipse designer for BPM ( All the vendors like JBPM , Intalio and bea , websphere do provide plugins for Eclipse ) .
We can actually view this BPM from 0 level , 100 ft level , 1000 ft level and it just goes on ... In my subscequent blogs I would like to share with you my experiences with JBPM , Intalio and lets try to integrate them with an application .

2 comments:

Varadarajan said...

I have never worked with BPM before. I am looking forward to your future entries.

Unknown said...

What a surprise! You are interested in jBPM!! Sometime back I was exploring OSWorkflow:

http://www.opensymphony.com/osworkflow/

Have a look at this too.

This is where I belong

This is where I belong